Wow, it's hot outside! Even though we're close to the beach, the breeze just isn't cooling us down. We have a few tips for handling the heat with your doodle. Let us know if you have any additional tips you think would be helpful to other doodle owners.
1. Make sure you prepare for the heat whenever you bring your dog out with you.
* Just as you'd bring extra water for yourself, bring extra water for your doodle. Keep a small cooler in your car during the summer where you can keep some water and ice during those hot days.
* Plan ahead in case you end up out for longer than you thought or have a situation where your dog will get hot.
* NEVER leave your doodle in the car - it gets hot and there's no reason to bring your dog with you only to leave them in the car. If it's hot outside and you are going somewhere you can't bring them with you, leave them at home in the cool A/C.
* If you're going out on the water (kayaking, boating, etc.), plan to bring extra water as well. You can always freeze the water bottles the night before so that they'll melt and be cool for your fur baby. Make sure you bring a water bowl for them too!
* Plan your trips out with your dog during the coolest part of the day - early morning or late afternoon.
2. Make sure you walk them during the cool part of the day and get dog booties for them to wear on hot pavement. Remember, they might not be able to walk for as long of a period during the heat. Offer water before & after your walks.
3. If you go to the beach or lake with your doodle, you can bring an umbrella or kid mini tent that they can hang out under so they don't get overheated.