Australian labradoodles are one of the sweetest, most intelligent, sensitive breeds we've ever met. However, you do want to make sure you are the right fit for them, as well as them for you.
* The sensitivity of this breed is a wonderful, wonderful quality. They can sense your feelings and be trained to help work in a therapeutic setting. However, this sensitivity also means that you will want to make sure you have the time to spend with your Australian labradoodle. We work from home and homeschool, so we spend every day with our babies. Although many people have doodle puppies and work full time out of the home, you will want to think seriously about how you can spend enough time with your puppy so that they are reassured of your love for them and feel secure.
* Every good quality also can be turned into a negative one. The intelligence of Australian labradoodles means they can also get into a lot of trouble if not trained or worked with to maintain their training on a regular basis. We have lots of stories about our doodles getting into trouble, from stealing the Christmas ham (twice in a row) to sitting on a neighbor's Harley without his permission (yes, I'm serious!). Make sure you have a plan to train and work with your puppy on a regular basis.
* Australian labradoodles are considered non shedding, but I do see fur when I run the carpet cleaner. They do require upkeep in terms of their fur, depending on which type of fur they have (wool, fleece, etc.). I usually shave down my doodles during the summer so that they aren't hot. You will want to make sure that you are able to make this commitment to your doodle.
* Activity - Australian labradoodles are active, wonderful, sweet funny fur babies. They need to be walked and played with on a regular basis. Make sure you are ready to do so before you bring one home.
* Silliness - our babies are so silly and crazy, making us laugh constantly. They are always there to do something that makes us crack up or laugh. Enjoy your time with them, as they will definitely bring joy into your life!